Monday, February 25, 2013

The pressure is off

I had so many quilting projects going on, all with deadlines, that I was starting to get stressed out. The blue and cream quilt for the school auction in May, a wall hanging that the local quilt group is making for the town's library (somehow I ended up in charge so I had to put together the packets for the blocks, collect them, and finish the top), a t-shirt quilt for a Catholic homeschooling friend, and a  brown bag project for quilt group due in April. A purple and white child's quilt top is complete, waiting for batting to pass on to Bags of Love, a children's philanthropy. 

So a nice snowy Sunday was perfect to allow me to work all day while the children helped their father move wood. This is what I had already completed by 7am and then finally finishing up at 6pm.


I still have an outer border to put on before the top is complete,but with the auction quilt only lacking a label and my portion of the library's wall hanging complete, I'm feeling a lot less panicked about my supposed relaxing hobby.



No comments: