Wednesday, December 26, 2012

making do with ugly fabric

In an attempt to purge some of my unattractive stash acquisitions, I recently decided to make a few charity kid's quilts. Over the years I have made some very pretty and patriotic quilts for soldiers at Walter Reed Army Hospital, donated fabric before moving to the local Linus Project box, and given away many quilts. Not every finished project needs to be the most gorgeous thing ever made, and I figure not everyone is quite as picky about aesthetics as I am. So over the past few days I have made two tops and will practice some machine quilting on them to improve my skills.


 After a little more practice I'll start quilting this blue and cream top I made for the school auction. 


I have a few months to get it completed, but I also have a brown bag challenge to make for one of my fellow guild members (1 half yard, 3 fat quarters given by the recipient and I can add one fabric choice). I haven't got the skills to make a cool bag, but I'm sure I can make something that will display my newly acquired machine quilting skills.


   

No comments: