Monday, May 23, 2011

we survived the jam-packed weekend

There are many times in my life that if I had been given a heads-up, I would have done things differently. I wouldn't have dated until I met my husband, wouldn't have picked such an obscure major in college, and would have continued running competitively in college and afterwards. Luckily, I'm sure that I would have picked the same man to marry and would gladly welcome the children God has blessed me with.
But one thing I would have changed recently is I wouldn't have signed the girls up for dance this year. The teachers were fine and perhaps they learned something, but the hassle of parking a block away 3 afternoons a week, having the girls in a messy unprofessional studio, not being happy with one costume and dance selection, as well as having to sit through two 4 hour recitals (as well as the prior day's dress rehearsals) was not worth it.





The girls did fine in their numbers, but I think we will take a break from dance and focus on some other activities as well as exploring some new ones such as track and horseback riding. After all, I like watching kids run and horses don't care for hip-hop any more than I do.

No comments: