Saturday, April 16, 2011

glad that is over...

This morning I got up after about 4 hours of sleep (due to nerves) and left the house at 6:30am for the 8am start of the Dismal Swamp Stomp half marathon. I did pretty well until the last 2 miles and then I was just putting one foot in front of the other. If I could have maintained my pace then I could have come in 3rd in my age bracket. Here are my results:
Congratulations in finishing the Dismal Swamp Stomp 1/2 Marathon on April 16, 2011.  We
hope you enjoyed this event.  For your records, the weather at the start was mostly cloudy, 59 degrees F, 88% humidity, ESE wind 8 mph.
There were 61 finishers in the Female 40 to 44 age group and 805 finishers in the 1/2 Marathon division.

Your overall finish place was 162, your age group finish place was 5 and your gender finish place was 40.  Your  time 1:50:22.60 gave you a  8:25 pace per mile.


 My body aches and one of my toes is bruised under the nail, but next Saturday Mary and I are running a 5K. After today it will seem like a walk in the park. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good job! Slow me: shooting for a 27 min 5k in Sept.

Henry Cate said...

Congratulations on finishing the race!