Tuesday, April 12, 2011

doubts

Saturday is my big race: 13.1 miles and it could go well or I could do very badly, mostly depending on the weather. This past Saturday afternoon I took off in 60F and ran 11 miles without a hitch and felt like I could easily do another 5 miles. Since then the temps have been in the 80's with higher humidity and I have gasped and wheezed my way to a walk every day at the 2 mile mark. 
Two things: I don't think I will ever sign up for something like this again and I really am amazed that anyone voluntarily runs a full marathon. More power to all the "real" runners out there, that's for sure.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so proud of you for attempting this! I will pray for cool weather for you and

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be ever at your back
May the Good Lord keep you in the hollow of His hand.

Laura

Henry Cate said...

Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.