Friday, February 25, 2011

I can't believe I made it...

Tired of my old running routes and needing to boost my milage for the 5 mile race on Saturday as well as the half-marathon in April, I strapped on my shoes this past week and pulled a couple of very long runs. 6.8 miles seemed long until I decided to see what was at the end of a very long road with a lovely bike/pedestrian path next to it. The road dead-ended on the river and when I looked up on the gmaps pedometer I was amazed that I had kept running for over 8 miles, the longest distance I have ever run. Of course it took me over an hour to finish, and I still have 5 miles to tack onto that in the actual race, but it was such a thrill to be able to say that I didn't stop.

The bonus? Stepping on the scale after tossing back 2 cans of Cocacola and still being 1/2 pound under what I weighed 3 years ago.    

No comments: