Monday, May 03, 2010

1st confession

Maggie is making her First Holy Communion next week, but since our parish doesn't have daily Mass, she said her confession yesterday. Luckily they got to cut in line, because there were already 8 people waiting when we arrived at 7:35am. I don't want to hear anyone say that people don't go to Confession anymore, they just need to offer it before Mass and then there would be lines out the door. This was the first child I have prepped for any Sacrament, Will and Mary went to CCD and my only job was to make sure they had the Act of Contrition memorized and buy the clothes. Maggie did a great job and asked me to say her penance with her afterwards. She is very excited about next week and has been nagging me every day to buy some Nilla Wafers, m&m's, or oyster crackers (just for practice!).

No comments: