Thursday, April 22, 2010

poor phone etiquette

Yesterday mid-morning I was reading aloud to Mary on my bed and the baby woke up. She desperately wanted to be up on the bed so I gave her the phone to play with so she wouldn't stray too close to the edge. I figured she would hit some buttons and keep herself entertained while we finished up our work. Apparently she hit 911. A few minutes later two officers appeared on the front porch and we marveled at how a baby who hasn't even said her first word keyed the correct sequence. They told me that it happens a lot, but I was so mortified that I decided to not give Julia Ellen access to the phone again until she is 14.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh mY! I'm surpised neither of my boys have done that yet since I let them play with my phone so much. We keep trying to get our son to say "Hi, Grandma" but no luck.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you are still looking for high quality moving boxes, but freecycle just posted that there are 150 of them at 5500 Parkston Road, 20816. Everything is around the corner on Kirkwood Drive.