Wednesday, February 03, 2010

what a nice surprise

The other day my sister-in-law called and we got to chatting. "I didn't want to influence you, but I have to say that I am so glad you decided to continue homeschooling. I read how awful the schools are now and am glad that you are keeping them away from that." Now, Cheryl has always been a fabulous sister-in-law and wonderful with the children, but I never really got the impression that she was all that gung-ho about our educational approach. I guess I had wrongly assumed that she wanted us to plop them on the yellow bus every morning and be able to have my house "just so."

Yes, it is lovely to have a lot of support from other homeschooling moms, but it means so much when a family member says, "You are doing the right thing by your children and a mighty fine job of it too."

No comments: