Friday, November 20, 2009

on the road again...

My whole childhood revolved around my grandmother's house. She watched us while Mother was working or going to grad school, helped us with our homework, fed us, and bought us clothes. Until I headed off for college I had never lived more than 15 minutes away, but I haven't been able to see her in over a year due to being pregnant, having a baby, and going to Maine.

Tomorrow baby Julia Ellen and I will hit the road southward to visit, put some flowers on Mother's grave, and perhaps eat a little BBQ. I've had such a horrible week that I'm looking forward to rolling down the windows in the truck, turning up the radio, and singing along real loud. I'm sure the baby won't mind hearing some country music, and if she does she can't complain too much.

No comments: