Thursday, July 16, 2009

do you need to go?

Now that Timmy has turned 3, we are potty training in earnest. He started about a month ago learning to sit on the potty and get m&ms for sitting. Now he has progressed to getting 1 candy for using the potty if I ask him to, 2 candies if he does it without me reminding him, and a whole 8 candies for pooping in the potty. There are still lots of wet pants, especially since we spend so much time outside doing various farm chores and he isn’t within a few feet all the time. There are gross moments like this morning when I finally got myself and the baby ready to attack weeds only to discover after I stepped outside that Timmy had pooped in his pants. Yuck.

But I have to remember that all the older children went through this as well, I recall one particularly nasty episode in a Subway sandwich shop restroom where I just pitched out Maggie’s underpants. Timmy will eventually learn to use the potty, which will likely lead to embarrassing events like last week when Charlie dropped trou right in front of a dozen picnickers at a town beach and peed right on the sand.

No comments: