Thursday, June 18, 2009

stylish luggage

Since we leave for Maine in just a few days I have been frantically cleaning, organizing, sorting clothes, making lists, and returning books to the library. After looking and sweeping under beds searching for that last Boxcar Children book that was on the card we headed over to the other branch library and found two copies. "Are either of these still checked out?" I asked the librarian and found out that it had been sitting prettily on the shelf for two weeks. I guess I should be irritated, but at least now there isn't anything under the beds, not even dust.


Our plan today is school, piano, and while the children's auntie comes to say goodbye, I'm going to scoot out and hit IKEA for a few new rugs and under the bed storage bins. Two dressers are not enough for 6 children and there isn't enough room for another. I also have to pick up some more boxes from the local storage place, I don't have nearly enough suitcases for 8 people to pack clothes in for 14 weeks.


Schoolbooks, hairclippers, raincoats, sweatshirts, don't forget the blue potties for Timmy. Coolers, lifejackets, camera, and computer, squeeze in 4 dolls and Geraldine the giraffe. It could be worse, the last two summers we have PCSed and then headed up to Maine, at least I don't have to unpack too.

No comments: