Thursday, June 11, 2009

fat baby


My grandmother said when I told her how well Julia Ellen was doing, "You have to put that child on a diet!" I won't even think about how one would go about doing that, but fat babies are healthy and happy babies. I love the little folds on her thighs, the perpetually damp neck that never sees the sun, and the cheek jowls that hang below her chin. (yes, that is a little milk curd on her lip)
There will be plenty of time in her life to be neurotic about her weight, 3 months is far too early for all of that. Plus, every pound she gains is likely 1 pound that I lose, though I'm not sure it works out quite that evenly.

5 comments:

Maurisa said...

"every pound she gains is likely 1 pound that I lose"

Don't you wish it worked that way!

She's a beauty!

Heather said...

too cute! i love fat babies too. my daughter was just like that. now she'll tall and thin at 4 1/2 yrs old. it all works out just fine- without any diets!

MentalMom said...

She's precious! and a perfectly normal, healthy breastfed baby following a very typical weight gain pattern.

silvermine said...

Weird.. Fat babies are good! They're supposed to do that so they can deal with illnesses or growth spurts. It'll all fall off when she starts to walk.

Janell said...

She is so cute. I lover her chubby cheeks.