Sunday, May 03, 2009

my classic kid

Charlie is the epitome of a 4 year old boy: squirmy to the point that he sometimes looks like a marionette and fascinated by anything/everything gross. Currently he is driving us all crazy with his constant antics, hitting a peak on Friday by ruining his perfect blond bowl haircut by chopping off his bangs to 1/4."

This morning in Mass Tim had his hands full trying to keep this one child from doing back flips, while I was able to pray and get the 4 others to stand/sit/kneel without breaking a sweat. One day this child will be 5 (in about 8 weeks) and he will mellow and sit still for longer than 2 seconds, but for now, Charlie is my bouncing (off the walls) little boy.

1 comment:

MilitantMom said...

They grow up so fast! My little terror is now 20. When he was about 3 or 4, I was at daily Mass with him, his one-year older sister, his one and one-half year younger sister and his newborn sister. (Lots of sisters, maybe that was the problem). Anyway, he decided that during the consecration would be a great time to make a run for the altar. As I lunged for him, holding my newborn, while crouching down like an old-lady who's lost her cane, he would laugh and taunt me and take several steps closer to the altar. I finally gave up, in tears and strode out of the sanctuary, into the vestibule. He eventually followed and I was convinced he must be possessed by the devil.

My darling devil is now a responsible honors student and RA at Franciscan University and gave up his spring break to help the pilgrims at Lourdes.

But we moms can save these stories (and pictures) for their future spouses or religious superiors. (evil laugh...)