Sunday, May 24, 2009

exercising the 2nd Amendment

Way back in February I was concerned (along with a lot of other people) that our 2nd Amendment rights were likely to be threatened with the election of Barack Obama. Tim took a gun safety class in February and yesterday it was my turn. I had a few logistical issues to overcome such as producing enough extra breast milk to leave for Julia Ellen and then pumping and pitching in the bathroom periodically during the 5 hour class.

I was so proud when the instructor asked twice, "Are you sure you have never shot before?"


3 comments:

WingletDriver said...

Wow, that is great! I am an absolutely terrible shot and once completely embarrassed my husband by completely missing the target at point blank range, no joke!

Henry Cate said...

Congratulations!

We've been thinking about signing up our daughters. Do you plan to teach your children how to shoot? How young would you go?

kat said...

We got Will a BB gun for his 10th birthday and he can shoot on the farm. I think we might start with a "real" rifle when he is 12.