Saturday, May 30, 2009

and I thought I was getting too old...

Having a baby at 38 is much harder than having one at 28: the recovery, the sleep deprivation, trying to lose the weight. I bought some beer at the mini-mart the other evening and the clerk took one look at the wrinkles around my eyes and didn't even ask for ID. I just feel so much older than I did 1 year ago and it is all from being older and pregnant. I can't even imagine becoming a mother again 20 years from now.

The 66 year old unmarried British businesswoman Elizabeth Adeney is almost eight months pregnant following IVF treatment. Elizabeth, of Newmarket, Suffolk, will take the title of Britain’s oldest mum.

The OAP has converted a room in her £600,000 home into a nursery for the tot, which is due a month before her 67th birthday in July. Elizabeth, who has also hired a live-in nanny was given IVF treatment using a donor egg at a clinic in Ukraine. ... she told friends she wanted a child to inherit her money. The mum-to-be is managing director of a plastics and textiles company, and was married briefly before filing for divorce in 1990.

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

0.o

What ever happened to picking a ward or adopting or even adult adoption?

Tracy said...

They never card me anymore, either. And I didn't just have a baby...

Nothing to do with the new look of the frazzled, single-mom syndrome of the past year, I am sure!