Friday, April 24, 2009

shopping spree?

While I was on Amazon buying Liberty and Tyranny (because no local bookstore in our liberal town happened to have one in stock the day after it was released) and Any Child Can Write, I scrolled through the Saxon Math books and found a copy of 7/6 about $5.

All About Spelling appeared on our doorstep on Saturday so Mary and I stayed up late sticking magnets on the back of all the letter tiles. We stayed on my bed the entire time and still managed to lose one tile (they all come on a laminated sheet to cut apart, so I know it was in the box). Anticipating and opening all these boxes made me wonder what else I could buy to bring the big brown truck back to our house. Actually, I don't even know what the UPS man looks like, but it is always fun to see our jolly and friendly mailman Tom.

Then it hit me: cloth diapers. I am getting a bit tired of shelling out $15 a week for disposables. We tried cloth ages ago, but living in a hotel for 4 weeks with no dryer soon put an end to that adventure. Apparently these days diapers are much more user-friendly and if given a good nudge, I might be persuaded to try again.

So... any suggestions on brands or tips for use?

2 comments:

Karen said...

www.juliestuff.com is reputable :) She's Catholic. Here's her blog:
http://trinityacres.blogspot.com/

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

No help on the diapers - I'm using homemade flannel doublers - but please let me know how All About Spelling works out! We're thinking of ordering it for next year.