Thursday, April 02, 2009

discipline issues

Recently the older children have been giving Tim and I more problems (it really has been going on for a while, but I have been ignoring the situation) with disrespect and poor attitudes. So I listened again to my CDs by Dr. Ray Gurendi from last year's IHM Catholic and Family Life Conference in Chantilly, VA. He and his wife have raised 10 children and he offers very practical, been-there-done-that techniques to get your children to become pleasant, positive people, rather than sullen nasty little brats. A few days ago I printed out this essay for when they give me a hard time

and I can see an effect after the 5 + times they have copied it.

3 comments:

Zina from NH said...

Oh, Kat, that is great! We've been having the same problem with our two oldest and I have been ignoring it as well. Just yesterday, while my friend was here with her children, my 10 yo dd when asked to do something she didn't want to do, grumbled (under her breath but loud enough for us to hear) -- I hate you. I will be making a copy of this and putting it to use. Thanks for sharing it!

Zina from Ora

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Awesome! I needed that - we had spring break last week and this week has been... not so great.

Michelle said...

I'm printing that out right now.