Tuesday, March 10, 2009

biology 101

Having a new baby is definitely a learning experience for the other kids, they have learned anatomy (how does the baby get out?), nutrition (can the baby eat chips?), development (look how much bigger Timmy's fingers are than Julia Ellen's!), and physiology (all she does is eat, sleep, and poop!). They are fascinated by every aspect of her being, constantly wanting to hold her, show her off to their friends, and watch her eat. In fact, nursing has become a spectator sport in our household with them likening her latching on as a "jaguar pouncing on a rabbit" when she waggles her head and attacks my bosom. Good thing I'm not modest as lying on the bed I am surrounded by 4-5 children all intently staring and saying, "I can hear her gulping," and "Does she always poop while she's eating?"

2 comments:

Maurisa said...

That is so cute. Very funny, too!

They do grow out of that stage. My oldest were teens when our youngest arrived and they had no interest in watching me nurse or change the baby ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! I think that is mommy rule # 1: There will be no privacy.

Glad to see you are all enjoying little Julia!

God Bless,
Tracy