Tuesday, January 13, 2009

making a list, checking it twice

You would think that by baby #6 I wouldn't need very many clothes. As luck would have it I thought we were all finished with that part of our lives and gave away 5 bags of baby clothes (mostly girl things) 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant again.

After last week's consumer "protection" scare I made a list of everything I could possibly need in the near future. By guessing a great deal, I figure we shell out about $800/year for outfitting 6 kids by buying used, while buying the same clothes retail would cost over $3000/year. With the possibility of this valuable piece of paper getting lost, I decided to go ahead and buy what I needed. $200 later we have only a few pairs of boots to search for and the whole crew as well as baby Sunshine are ready to be outfitted for the next 4 years.

I just really hope that the ultrasound tech was quite sure that it is a girl!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how old you are. Why did you think you were all finished with that part of your life? I ask because I am 39 and wonder just how old I will be when that part of my life is "finished". I waver between wanting it to be and not wanting it to be!

Juli said...

I tend to get pregnant after I have either given away clothes or have bought myself some new smaller clothes. Funny how that works isn't it?

kat said...

I'm 38, but with almost 6 kids and a 53 year old husband, I want to be past the baby stage and immerse myself totally in the next part of parenting.

Of course I'm excited about another baby, it is the sleepless nights, the nursing issues, the constantly changing diapers that I'm not looking forward to. How many more years will dh or I have to spend in the vestibule or outside during Mass?

I really admire moms who have really large families, especially their stamina. I just think that in our case 6 is enough.

Karen said...

I am with you, Annonymous! I turn 40 next wk, and I *so* want menopause to kick in on that very day! LOL BUT, I know I would also miss having a newborn baby to hold and cuddle. God's will be done!

Anonymous said...

Yes, but are you willing and able to faithfully practice NFP for another 5 to 10 years to be "finished", Kat? And even then, to be mentally finished, only to find out that the NFP wasn't perfect and you are expecting again after all. My husband is 10 years younger than yours, and he is feeling very pressured by age! *sigh* We have had to NFP for the past two years due to some health issues. It stinks, but then it is tempting to think of being able to move on from the baby stage. I have to remember that will come soon enough be it 45 or 55.

Anonymous said...

Well, congrats on the the little bundle of pink Kat!

"Just six" you say?! LOL Well, at least you have a good number for many teams. My little mini-family of only two boys is only enough for Cornhole!

God Bless,
TracyW.