Friday, January 16, 2009

it wasn't me!

A conservative mom of 5 called Rush Limbaugh the other day:

CALLER: I'm in my thirties, and I see the hypocrisy, the double standards of our government, particularly the Democrats, and it's frustrating. I do it right. You know, my husband has a good job. We didn't borrow too much money and we put 20% down on our house and now I'm told I have to sacrifice; I have to give. Well, wait a minute. My husband works hard. I work hard. We raise our family. We take care of our family. I just want the government to leave me alone. Let me raise my family.

RUSH: I agree a hundred percent, but unfortunately the American people elected somebody that doesn't want to leave you alone... They elected somebody that wants to blame people like you! ...You are in your early thirties, and you got five crumb crunchers?

CALLER: -- ...yes, five children that my husband and I could afford, we could raise. We can love. We can take care of. But to liberals, I am a terrible person....You know, the world's overpopulated, I'm contributing to global warming, and --

RUSH: ...they'll start attacking you personally. They'll start attacking the people you believe in. I mean, it's fun to do if you can keep your sanity about it, but, look, the hypocrisy...You're seeing all these double standards... There's a different set of rules for Democrats and Republicans.

I'm going to tell you why that is, Danielle. The reason why Republicans are held to higher standards is twofold, two reasons. One, they actively suggest that they have higher standards that they seek to reach and attain. At the same time, they are despised (this is the second reason) by liberals and the media precisely because they attempt to maintain standards.

The left, on the other hand, they don't talk about maintaining any standards -- behavioral, personal, or otherwise. There aren't any. Liberalism, in fact, is not based on standards. So they really can't commit ethics violations, ...But a party that maintains it has no standards -- in fact, standards are judgmental, standards are discriminatory, standards are unfair.

There are two sets of rules. Nothing's fair, and the so-called arbiter of the rules have chosen up sides, the media, and they've thrown in entirely with the Democrats.

1 comment:

Foxfier said...

My husband and I have noticed a dynamic in our on line games....

There's groups called a guild, think of it as a bowling club.

The effective, casual ones we've seen are nearly always started by a conservative in their late 20s to 40s, married, with children, generally male.

Once things are up and running well but not fast, they are usually taken over by liberal, teen to late 20s who are, at the most, dating; they decay or are run into the ground by being run in ways that get lots of short-term gain, but very little long term gain-- people leave as they get tired of the demands, or the supplies of things that were built up under the first guy gets used up.

In the bowling league analogy, requiring folks to show up five nights a week for practice, inviting in professional bowlers, favoritism of a small group that has good equipment; a focus on being "best" instead of having fun while getting better, recruitment and leadership by folks with power issues.

When the young guy leaves for another guild-- usually found by following where the "professional" guys went-- the guild is usually picked up by another conservative dad in a stable relationship, and slowly rebuilds...until the next time the young adult age folks get impatient and the 30-ish person stands aside, again, because they can't commit the time the YA's want.

The age is the least consistent part-- but the Conservative/stable relationship/limited game time vs liberal/lack of stable relationship/large amount of time free to schedule regularly part is a pattern I see over and over.

Now I'm starting to wonder... could this be applied to voluntary organizations in normal life? Schools, news, actual bowling teams? Just faster, because of the greater ease of forming such groups in game....