Friday, December 12, 2008

cookie recipe

I have been on a sweet binge this past week, making chocolate glop, brownies, and 2 batches of these snickerdoodles. They are really flat and crunchy, wonderful warm right out of the oven.

350 F oven

mix together in bowl:

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

in mixer, cream together until fluffy:

2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cup sugar

add 2 eggs and beat, then add flour mixture

scoop out tablespoon-sized pieces and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture before baking for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 36 cookies, but with 5 children and 1 hungry Mommy they last about 20 minutes max.
Reminder: save some for Daddy!

1 comment:

Kate Wicker said...

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with the F&F Cookie Swap. My husband loves Snickerdoodles, and I haven't perfected the recipe I have yet. I'll have to try this one.

Also, I love your header and image and title. Very funny.

God bless!

--Kate