Wednesday, November 05, 2008

already feeling a bit queasy

I used to really like rollercoasters, the bigger the better. Once some friends and I rode the Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens 21 times in a row. Every time I would sit in the front car and as we were slowly clicking up the first incline I would yell, "I changed my mind, I want to get off!" But I loved the thrill of speed, knowing that all the harnesses kept me safe.

The results of this election leaves me peering over the edge of that peak, realizing that there is no safety gear to protect us, and while forces many keep us in the seats for a time, the loop-the-loop is coming up quickly. Some are going to fall out and we won't be able to do a darn thing about it. Higher taxes, more babies killed in the womb, defeat snatched from the jaws of victory in Iraq, and a loss of freedom and liberty that we cannot even imagine. Our nation was at a crossroads of who we were and who we wanted to become and I am sure we will look back at some point and wish we had made another choice.

May God have mercy on us.

No comments: