Monday, August 18, 2008

switched at birth?

After the past few weeks I am convinced that none of the children living here actually belong to me. Oh yeah, they are all the spitting image of Tim and I, they all share common traits, and Mary was actually the only baby present at the Naval Hospital in Naples during our 2 day stay, but their behavior recently has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are strangers.

I am a relatively quiet person, introspective and needing blocks of quiet time each day to recharge. I cringe when immersed in constant upheaval and noise. The cramming of 6 people in 4 rooms for rainy days on end has resulted in my head pounding from the bickering, the fussing, and the mess I have been subjected to by these little creatures. Tim is even more of an introvert than I am, so it would make sense for us to have 5 bookworms who love to read for hours, take long rambles through the woods, stay neat and tidy, and finish what they start. The only place these children are quiet is at Mass, which I am grateful for, but it would be nice if they were like that all the time. My other proof, backed up by elementary genetics is that NONE of the children are left-handed, despite the fact that both their so-called parents are, two recessive genes automatically result in that recessive trait in the offspring.

So, there you have it. If you know of any quiet, nerdy left-handed children that don't seem to fit into your household perhaps we could consider switching them back to their proper families. I would enjoy the reduced noise level, but would miss hearing, "I love you Mommy," and, "Goodnight, sleep tight, see you in the morning."

No comments: