Friday, August 01, 2008

light blogging ahead

Well, we are up in Maine and Tim left this morning to head back to check in at his new command. He certainly enjoyed driving his tractor, moving dirt piles and mowing the acres and acres of grass. He also bought a rototiller attachment so I now have 300+ square feet of garden to rake and plant. The apartment is almost finished and it is so bright and easy to clean that I actually look forward to dry mopping all the rooms and sweeping it all up in the mudroom at the bottom of the stairs. However, one piece in the puzzle is missing, the internet one. I tried for 4 hours to get simple dial-up installed on my ancient computer, but gave up for good when the modem crashed and burned. My next step is to convince Tim that a laptop would be simple because so many libraries and and places have wi-fi and I wouldn't have to sit on hold for 30 minutes with the phone company again. So, for now my only access to email or the blog is at the library while listening to a riot in the background, "Can I play on the computer now? " "Mommy help me look for a new Littles book." "I need help in the potty!"

So bear with me and soon I shall be back on-line with time to read and write about what is going on in the world, at least the large Catholic homeschooling family part.

1 comment:

Henry Cate said...

Good luck in getting your internet access worked out.

I know that when I don't have access to the internet for a couple days it feels weird. It has become such a bit part of our lives.