Sunday, May 25, 2008

home safe and sound

The girls and I returned home this afternoon after a visit to Grandmother in the hospital and Mass at St. Benedict's Chapel. After a very long Mass (2+ hours) Father Willis, the best priest I have ever met, announced that he is leaving FSSP to return to being a diocesan priest nearer to his family. Tim and I have learned so much from Father and have enjoyed his company while we were in Virginia. This reminded me that one constant of life is that things change, even if we don't want them to.

On our arrival the boys all poured out the door to greet and hug us, it seemed we were gone much longer than a week. They enjoyed their gifts from the aunties and after a respite from the usual bickering it was back to normal. "He hit me," "She is being mean," "I want that too," and "Gimmie!"

Well, the peace and quiet was nice while it lasted. Maybe I will get another respite from the fighting before they all grow up and move out, but I don't expect it.

No comments: