Wednesday, April 30, 2008

toddler time

Next month baby Timmy will be 2 and not much of a baby anymore. While he still sleeps in the crib and has a vocabulary of only about 5 words he is starting to develop his own personality and is turning out to be a pretty funny little boy. We giggle and grin at each other, especially when it is just the two of us. Tim, brave man that he is, took the rest of the gang this afternoon to Sears and Target in preparation for the big Cub Scout overnight next weekend. Timmy and I had a fine time playing outside, chasing birds, watching the sky for airplanes, and snacking on almonds. He will do anything for a roasted salted almond, all I have to do is shake the can and he comes running. "Here kitty, kitty... whoops! Come to Mommy and get a treat."

Timmy might be our last baby so I have tried to snuggle and enjoy his baby antics and sweet smell, his wispy blond curls and tiny toddler teeth, his eagerness to ride piggyback down the stairs and his fetching our shoes to show how much he wants to go outside. Of course there are some things I won't miss such as washing all those sippy cups, changing nasty nappies, and the constant vigilance required to make sure he doesn't wander off into the street or into the pond. But just as Will is always going to be my "Babydoodle" and Maggie will always be "Baby Gator", little Timmy likely will always be my "Baby snugglemuffin."

Even when he is 32.

1 comment:

Mary Rose said...

Awww...that is so sweet!

I just discovered your blog through the blog, "Those Headcoverings." I'm a Catholic prodigal who recently returned to the Church and - wonder of wonders, am falling in love with the Latin Mass. I am blessed to have a parish in town that celebrates a weekly Sunday 9:00 AM Solemn Mass, plus several Low Masses during the week. I'm also looking into head covering options. :-)

You sound like a wonderful mom. Your children are extremely blessed to have you. I hope you enjoy a splendid Mother's Day, too.