Monday, April 07, 2008

I am no Betty Crocker

Saturday night was Will's Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. There was lots of food, skits, games, and announcements about the end of the year activities. Will participated in the art display, making something out of recyclables and I have to say that his was the best of the bunch. He put a lot of work into his Landing Module and Command Module, even making sure they could connect, just like the real things.

His idea to recreate the Command Module in baked goods was a total flop thanks to me. I tried to make it out of cupcakes and glue it together with icing, but it was lumpy and collapsed in the middle almost before it was finished. It was laughably the ugliest cake I have ever seen. In Will's old pack the cake baking contest rules stipulated that only males could participate so I suggested that we pretend Will made the whole thing by himself, but that didn't fly. Will still won an award for most creative which was very generous of the judges.

No comments: