Sunday, April 06, 2008

3/4 of the way through the academic year

This past week I put Will and Mary's 3rd quarter packets together and mailed everything off to Seton for grading. With weekly Mass and Friday Enrichment taking up two weekdays, I have been anxious about getting school finished before we move this summer. It took some real effort to get all the math tests and the book report finished, but now we can start with a clean slate on Monday.

While we were waiting for everyone else to show up at the Blue and Gold banquet last evening I wandered through the halls of the local Catholic school and peered in the doors of some of the classrooms. If I had an extra $24,000 I might be tempted to enroll the three big kids and have some free time, but then I would miss out on so much. I wouldn't know what they were learning and wouldn't be learning so much myself. After all, my knowledge was lacking in such topics as Napoleon's reign, the shortcut in dividing 3 digit by 2 digit numbers, Saint Josaphat's miracles, how an engine works, and how to diagram a complex sentence, but we have learned these things together. While I am looking forward to a summer of visiting, moving, reading, and exploring, I am excited about where our homeschool journey will take us next.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I think fourth quarter might be a tie with first quarter as my favorite. I love being able to see the end, but I also love new beginnings! Happy Fourth Quarter, Kat.