Wednesday, March 12, 2008

what it means to be a little brother

I came home from running my 4 miles to find all the children outside with the babysitter in the beautiful spring weather. Then I noticed something strange, Charlie was riding the little blue bike with no training wheels. Will took it upon himself to remove said training wheels and teach his 3 year old brother to take off and ride around the house all by himself. At least everyone had the good sense to insist he wear his helmet.

Whoa! What happened to the parent teaching their tike to ride their trike? What is next, Mary reading to the little ones on the sofa? "Mommy I already read to them, you can stay on the computer." (ooops, that already has happened too)

This must stop! If you get to do the fun stuff, then you can take over the yucky stuff too, like changing nappies.

Well... at least I know I'm still needed for something.

No comments: