Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring has sprung!

Here in North Carolina the daffodils are starting to bloom and the robins are pecking in bright green yards looking for juicy worms to eat. It is also the time when the children begin to complain about wearing turtlenecks and want to switch over to short sleeves. So, earlier this week I waded through the blue Rubbermaid bins and emptied each child's dresser drawers looking for gaps in their upcoming spring and summer wardrobes. Luckily I had plenty of hand-me-downs and thrift store items stashed away so our "to get" list was pretty short:

3 solid t-shirts size 4
1 dress shirt size 5
2 pair khaki pants size 4
1 bathing suit size 4
2 pair footed jammies size 2
2 pair solid shorts size 8
1 dress shirt size 10
girl socks
little boy socks

This afternoon I hit the children's consignment store first (everything was 50% off!) and Target. I found everything except the bathing suit and a pair of pants for less than $65.

While I did splurge on a pair of pink quilted snow boots for Mary and 2 pair of footed jammies for Will to grow into (they fit me now), I think the children have been economically equipped for the warmer days ahead.

No comments: