Wednesday, February 13, 2008

overwhelmed

There are periods in every mom's life where she just is completely buried by responsibility such as at the birth of a child, illness, or a big move. However, there are also times when everything should be going smoothly with school, lessons, and housekeeping routines melding together but the slightest change sends everything careening off into chaos.

In the past two weeks we have added several activities to our weekly routine and it has sent me into utter exhaustion. A priest in a nearby town started offering the Traditional Latin Mass on Tuesday mornings, which involves getting everyone up, dressed, and out the door by 7:45 and not returning home until 11:45, leaving no time for school. Will and Mary's Friday enrichment classes started last week, also eliminating school that day. While I want to support the priest's efforts (as well as offer our sacrifice to God) and want the older children to attend some fun classes with new friends, I have been collapsing into bed at 8pm most nights and still tired the next morning. I really feel like I just had a baby or moved overseas or something equally dramatic.

Likely I will get in the groove just as as we get ready to move. That is the way of the military spouse, but I'm certain there will be other obligations and activities to overwhelm me at the next base as well.

2 comments:

Hilaire said...

I can't say that you should without a doubt continue going to the mass, but I hope you can. I remember thinking that it was too much a few years back, and now I don't have the opportunity. Oh the graces you will be enriched with! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Praying for peace and new strength for you, fellow traveler! I need to poke around your blog and figure out what you're up to - where are you located and where are you moving to?