Friday, February 29, 2008

creative writing dialogue

Yesterday, after Mary had a lesson on quotation marks, she and Will huddled together and wrote the first chapter of a story. I read it aloud during dinner last night, Tim started laughing during a coughing fit and almost fell on the floor. Apparently I am the only one that has escaped catching the kid's cold from last week.

Imagine if you can this in pink ink and in lovely cursive:

"Hi, i'm Will," said Will, "how are you today."
"fine thank you," said Mary, "how are you?"
"fine. but what is your name?" said Will.
"Mary," said Mary.
So it went on like this for eight years!

So finally Will said, "I think I should be going now."
But we haven't gotton married yet! said Mary.
"I know," said Will, "but I MUST go now, my country needs me."
"But for what?" asked Mary.
"for clown acts of course."
"for what?"
"clown acts."
"clown acts, baa"
"clown acts, baa nothing"
and this for another eight years more.

(to be continued...)

No comments: