Sunday, January 27, 2008

ta-da!

Yesterday I realized that one of Tim's work colleagues was expecting a baby any day and I hadn't yet made her a baby quilt. Mary, my big sewing helper, and I selected a pattern, picked out a dozen pink fabrics and cut out and sewed the quilt top. Mary did a great deal of the sewing, though I did have to take out a few wonkily pieced seams. Today I basted, quilted it in a big meandering stipple pattern, and sewed on the binding. The back features a quote I found in a book about motherhood, "The most important handshake of your life will happen when your newborn infant's tiny hand grabs hold of your index finger."

Not bad for 2 afternoon's worth of work.




3 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Not bad?

I'd say really good! It looks lovely. I am sure the new mama will appreciate such a beautiful, handmade treasure.

I still have the quilt made for me by my co-workers, almost 23 years ago, when I was expecting my first child.

Barbara said...

Very pretty. I can't believe you got all that quilting done in two afternoons -- you are good!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Did you go to bed? Sheesh girl, when do you sleep?!

A friend of mine crocheted a blanket for my youngest and he still has a tiny row of it 7 years later. He's been a bit like Linus with it, hence the tiny strip!

Good job!
Tracy