Thursday, December 20, 2007

but I brush!

Yesterday Will, Mary, and I headed over to the dentist's office for our bi-annual checkup. While the little kid's visit was uneventful, I knew that this trip was going to involve a big $$ referral. Every 6 months we would go to our family friendly dentist who would say, "Will is going to need to see an orthodontist and soon." Well, now Mary has developed the same severe crossbite from her Daddy (not me!) and they recommended them seeing someone now, rather than waiting 6 months until we move. Then the big boom hit,

I have a cavity.

Me, who brushes more than everyone else put together, who buys 5 different toothpastes, who coaches the children how to brush, and lines up the brushes on the sink so I know who has brushed their teeth. I got the cavity.

On the bright side, I would rather it be me than one of the kids undergoing the dreadful dentist drill.

Now, go brush your teeth.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Last week I went to the dentist. No cavities, but I'm showing the beginning signs of bone loss and they want me to do "deep cleanings" and do them 4x a year instead of two. Oh, and it costs more out of pocket too. And they give you a shot to numb you so you don't feel the cleaning. I never used to hate going to the dentist, but now...

The kids went last month. The dentist warned me that all my kids have very crowded mouths. Fritz already has braces, but I was hoping the others might avoid it. Apparently not. Ugh.