Thursday, November 01, 2007

bits and pieces

Here is an excellent article in the American Thinker about why conservative women are NOT likely to vote in masse for Hillary, just 'cause she's a fellow chick.

The 96th Homeschool Carnival is up at Sprittabee, but since going to the site makes my ancient computer seize up every time I try to go there I will give you the Why Homeschool link if you want to risk it.

My time in the 4K Pumpkin Run this past week was 19:20, no pumpkin for 1st place, but it was a fun run with lots of kids and even one Olympic athlete. Having the babysitter come every afternoon has increased my running frequency, I logged over 80 miles in October!

After attending Mass today with Will at the local parish (everyone else was coughing and not feeling well) I am glad I don't send the kids to its school. All the students were in attendance and it sounded more like a pep rally than Mass. Maybe I'm an old fuddy-duddy, but I don't think children older than 2 should wear shorts to Mass and Catholic school teachers shouldn't wear revealing clothing like this to work, much less Holy Mass.

1 comment:

Mom Laura said...

I am so with you on this. I read this article lamenting about how the enrollment is SOOOO low for some Catholic schools. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the picture- Of course the attendance is so low- I wouldn't send my kids to a school that has a teacher dressed like THAT. Where is the modesty. I even showed it to my husband and he agreed.

Laura