Wednesday, November 28, 2007

active and nonexistent imaginations

Last evening's conversation with the 5 year old:

Maggie: "Did someone just go outside?"

Mommy: "Daddy just went out to get my keys out of the van. We wouldn't want someone to use them to let themselves into the house while we are all sleeping."

Maggie: "You mean someone we don't know... like a giant or a bear?"


Yesterday Will's loose tooth came out and he left this note under his pillow, along with his wallet, and the ziplock baggie containing a nugget of ivory:


please leave the money in my wallet and put (the money in wallet) it in ether of the top drawres of my desk.
thank you.
your son,
will
It didn't help the tooth fairy's cause to forget said tooth, so around mid-morning I found a note on the night stand with a small drawing of a tooth underneath:
PLEASE
REMBER!
Hopefully I won't be so exhausted this evening, but since I practically collapse into bed every night around 8pm, a friendly reminder is a good way to ensure a dollar under the pillow.

1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

It sounds like Will is growing up in more ways than one!
And I love the leap by younger ones from stranger to wild animal. Your kids sound like a great deal of fun.