Thursday, October 04, 2007

blog quiz

Here's a quiz especially for Catholic bloggers.

1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?
Tim and I converted to the Catholic Church in 1999. By 2002 we were frustrated and disgusted by the liturgical abuses and priests who's homilies did not align with the Magisterium. We started attending St. Benedict's Chapel in Virginia and could not be more pleased with both the majesty and sound Catholic teaching at Mass. The Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP) ordains wonderful priests, we are blessed to have gotten to meet so many of them.

2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?
Currently it takes us a little over an hour to drive to Mass.

3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be?
Grateful convert

4. Are you a comment junkie?
Not really, but I do like getting other people's input.

5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on?
Usually, though I do remember once on Open Book writing a response to what seemed like a crazy person going off on the TLM. I went back to find that he had been doing a sarcastic bit that I took seriously. The next few posters laughed at my naivete. I never commented on that blog again and still cringe at the memory.

6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog?
No.

7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?
Curt Jester and Danielle Bean

8. Which blog is the first one you check?
Danielle Bean , Rosetta Stone, or Mama Says.

9. Have you met any other bloggers in person?
My husband Tim of course, and Tracy who has since stopped blogging.

10. What are you reading?
I just finished The Dallas Women's Guide To Gold-Digging With Pride. It was certainly not the most erudite tome, but hysterically funny.

Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II?
No.

I pass this quiz on to: Mama Says... and Slightly Crunchy Catholic, as well as anyone else who wants to partake.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hopefully it won't really take me ten years to learn enough Latin that I'm not completely intimidated by a TLM. And next year, you should be able to whittle that church commute down quite a bit - I know there are tons of TLM in the DC area.

And thanks for the book tip. I'm looking for amusing reads to distract me from waiting for the baby.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.