Monday, August 20, 2007

husband nervous about homeschooling?

I love Ginny Seuffert's column every month in the Seton newsletter. She is a witty mom of 12 who helps moms organize their households and homeschooling, and is most famous for her white towels talk at the IHM conference. This is certainly a lady who has been there, done that more times than most of us can count.

I hooted loudly when I read her column this month,

"Often the objection I hear from discerning mothers is, "I would love to home school, but my husband won't let me. He thinks the children will be weird." My advice to the mother is to drag dad to the nearest mall and find the weirdest young person there. You know, the the kid with nuts and bolts drilled into his face, tattoos all over his body, and purple hair. Go right up and ask him if he is home schooled! Let's face it; any honest father will have to admit that all the really weird kids attend institutional schools."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quote! I'm gonna have to remember that one next time I hear that reason for not homeschooling.


Have a great day!
JoAnn

Ahermitt said...

I like to mention that children are seldom weirder than their parents. So perhaps if dad doesn't want weird kids, then perhaps he should try harder to be normal.

Kimberly said...

hahaha! That is so funny, and so true! What a great quote!