Saturday, August 04, 2007

7 weeks gone, 7 left

Since we have arrived in Maine I have painted 6 rooms, hung new curtains, primed and painted the outside trim, and painted the steps outside. I have pruned, shredded branches, spread compost, made a new compost pile, spread mulch, dug up several large bushes, and managed to keep my sanity (just barely).

Today the kids and I moved the woodpile outside so there will be room in the garage for our tenant's car. The house is cleaner and prettier than it has looked in many, many years. With these chores out of the way, I can envision resting a bit from my labors. However, I will likely find a few more projects. No matter how much work I find to do, it doesn't really seem so bad with the cool ocean breeze, the afternoon trips to the pond, and the small town atmosphere to enjoy.

1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Wow! It doesn't seem like seven weeks. With all you've actually done, it might be more like 12! And at the same time, the summer has gone incredibly fast. The perils of aging, I guess.