Sunday, December 10, 2006

great race!

Yesterday I braved the icicles on my nose and freezing fingertips- (okay, it was only 35F) to run another 5K. I beat my previous best (adult) time by almost 90 seconds. I really don't think I should count times from 20 years ago as a reasonable goal. Do you?

New best time: 23:40.

Tim took all 5 kids to Mass and then hung around at church for Mary's Little Flowers meeting.

Isn't he a great husband and father? I think so too.

Especially since I got home late, due to having to stick around longer than I anticipated to collect my 3rd place medal (thank you very much), and poor Tim was shoving rice mush in Timmy's screaming mouth to pacify his hunger. We all pitched in making lunch, I nursed Timmy and got all the babies in the bed. Then I could finally share the race highlights with my husband. He runs, but doesn't see the point in racing for fun. However, he encourages me and listened to my play-by-play of the race. The not-being-able to find my friend, Coralie, until 5 minutes before the race started, the easy 7 min first mile, the back and forth battle between myself and another woman runner for 2 miles, her encouragement "come on, keep it up!" at the last turn, the pulling out all the stops at the end, and the doughnuts (Krispy Kreme, yum) and hot chocolate feast afterwards. After my report, I took the girls Christmas shopping while the boys worked on a model airplane.
The only downside was when I got into the shower I realized that my Miraculous Medal was missing. I must have pulled it off when I took off my sweatshirt before the race. Please pray that I find it. Tim gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago and I haven't taken it off since.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job!!!