Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Trying to lose baby fat

After every baby I have tried to lose the excess weight by signing up to go the gym, working out for a few weeks and then giving up in frustration. Child care problems (I have no child care), boredom with the workout, and laziness are the main reasons. Mostly I have been lonely. I always ran in high school with a pack of girls so running alone is not fun, plus there is no accountability- no one to help keep me going when I want to quit.

So, I am going to try to attack this problem and those last 14 problem pounds in several ways:

1. run with one of the older kids biking alongside
2. sign up for a road race and finish it
3. post my progress or lack of it here
Right now I am swimming 12 laps two times a week and running 4 miles once a week, I need to up the running and get faster. I need to continue to watch what I eat, at the same time making sure I get enough to nurse Baby Timmy.

No comments: